This is a NIOSH approved half facepiece respirator which is adaptable to a wide range of respiratory protection.
Its low maintenance, comfortable design allows greater worker flexibility with the use of different types of cartridges and filters for a variety of work environments.
Cartridges are simply twisted on or off the facepiece for easy replacement, allowing the easily cleaned facepiece to be reused.
• These single pack kits are ready to use and include: the respirator, a pair of 6001 organic vapor cartridges, 2 pairs of 5P71 P95 oblong particulate pre-filters, and a set of 501 cartridge retainers for attaching the pre-filters to the cartridges.
Every 3M™ facepiece respirator can be used with any of 3M's vapor cartridge and particulate pre-filter combinations:
• All vapor cartridges attach directly to the bayonet fitting on the facepiece
• All oblong pre-filters can be attached over a vapor cartridge by using a #501 adapter/holder, which snaps onto the cartridge
• All round pre-filters can also be attached to a vapor cartridge, but use the #502 bayonet adapter, which also just snaps onto the cartridge
• All round pre-filters can also attach directly to the bayonet fitting on the facepiece (without using a vapor cartridge), when vapor protection is NOT required, and only particulate protection is necessary
Note that vapor cartridges are almost always used in conjunction with filters — as in the marine industry, it is rare to be exposed to vapors without the presence of particulates.