All the benefits of a pressure pot with none of the downsides — no extensive cleaning, no paint waste, no excessive solvent use, no half hour cleanup.
3M's innovative PPS Accuspray™ Spray Gun System features disposable spray nozzles, paint cup lids and cup liners — virtually all the parts of the gun that touch the paint.
When you replace these components you get the equivalent of a brand new spray gun, but at a fraction of the cost of a new one.
Additionally, with disposable parts, the little clean-up remaining is fast and easy... with the perk of greatly reduced solvent use and disposal fees.
The atomizing heads deliver a large usable pattern, with very little overspray, and excellent atomization — producing the finish of a premium HVLP spray gun.
The pressure fed HGP gun supplies pressurized air into the reservoir cup to force the sprayed material into the gun.
Just like a traditional pressure pot, this has the advantage over a siphon- or gravity-feed gun, of allowing you to maximize atomization of even high viscosity materials — so you can maintain adequate material flow, while minimizing overspray and wasted material.
The fact that this is a PPS Accuspray gun with almost entirely disposable components, is an added benefit.
Use the HGP Gun for spraying medium and high viscosity fluids like anti-corrosion primers, bottom paint, barrier coats, gelcoat, glues, and non-skid.
With the purchase of the available 1.4 mm nozzle, you can also spray low viscosity sealers and topcoats, see below.
With its easy clean-up, this gun is a no brainer for small jobs.
It is also great for fluids with a short pot life (like gelcoat), since if it gels you just throw the disposable parts away — no more ruined spray guns.
• Reduces paint wastage by minimizing overspray
• Atomizing heads are designed to be disposable, but can be reused if desired
• Use the same cup for mixing and spraying
• Increase productivity by reducing gun clean-up time and materials
• Uses less solvent for gun clean-up — saves on solvent costs, lowers operator exposure, and reduces hazardous disposal fees
• Can be used at any angle without starving the gun
The HGP comes with the spray gun, two 2.0 mm (red) and two 1.8 mm (clear) atomizing heads, and an airflow control valve.
- The 2.0 mm atomizer is suitable for applying an especially thick layer, for textured coatings, or very viscous fluids like glues, non-skid, truck bedliners, or automotive undercoating - it tends to produce a thicker, textured, or splattered finish.
- The 1.8 mm tips are suitable for spraying medium viscosity fluids such as antifouling paint, barrier coats, gelcoat, primers, and heavier viscosity fluids where higher atomization is important.
- An available 1.4 mm (orange) nozzle can be used with thinner viscosity coatings like thin sealers, and topcoats such as enamels, varnishes, and polyurethanes.
It delivers exceptional results through excellent atomization, for high transfer efficiency and low overspray.
• Additional replacement nozzles are sold separately; see Related Products, below.
• The required PPS reusable H/O pressure paint cups and collars, as well as disposable cup liners and lids (with integral strainers) are sold separately; see Related Products.
• If in-cup mixing is desired, graduated mylar mixing inserts available for each size of cup; see Related Products
About the PPS™ System...
PPS is a complete painting system from 3M™ which produces cleaner jobs, saves on solvent usage and gun cleaning time, and can improve operator efficiency by as much as 15%.
Specifically designed cup adapters allow painters to take advantage of the PPS disposable cup liner system with virtually any spray gun.
PPS replaces traditional mixing cups and filters, and drastically reduces the amount of solvent required for gun cleaning.
The liner, lid and built-in filter are all disposable, leaving only the adapter and spray gun to be cleaned.
It is possible to clean your paint gun with as little as 3 ounces of solvent.
With these disposable parts, shops can see a 70% savings in cleaning solvent use — this means less operator exposure to solvents, and a significant reduction in VOCs.
Since PPS uses the same cup for mixing and spraying, there less risk of outside contamination, less time spent mixing and cleaning.
With PPS, your spray gun functions at any angle.
PPS allows painters to spray at any angle, even inverted, without starving the paint gun.