This sander attaches to your existing central or canister vacuum for efficient dust evacuation.
The exhaust port has 1" internal vacumm hose threads
3M's Elite series of air-powered tools offers higher quality, lower noise levels, less vibration, and improved ergonomic features over their original " Red Top" series.
They feature a steel alloy curved-throttle lever, an extended curved wrist rest for more support, 3M™ gripping material molded into the interchangeable comfort grip, a conveniently located speed control dial, and an internal muffler.
This tool is ideal for flat surface finishing, sealer sanding, and working in tight corners.
With its relatively small 1/8" orbit diameter, these sanders can sand along a critical edge.
Boatyard workers love them for being able to sand right up to a boot stripe or brightwork without damaging the existing paintwork or varnish.
This sander comes with a 33 hole Hookit Clean Sandiing pad (#28531).
Additional accessories include replacement hand grips in several sizes; medium is standard.
• Takes dust management to the next level with powerful self-generated vacuum tools
• Powerful 0.28 hp motor
• 1/8" orbit for general purpose sanding
• Precision balanced for smooth operation, less vibration, and quiet operation
• Newly designed wrist rest for more support
• Recessed lever eliminates pinch points
• Air valve is situated so as to eliminate unintended adjustments
• Composite cover absorbs and reduces vibration
• Sturdy, lightweight aluminum body prevents cracked housings and downtime
• Hookit™ backup pad included
• Tool has a 3/8" air inlet
• Optimal airflow for the rpms specified = 17 SCFM
• Uses 3M 2-3/4" Hookit™ sheet rolls