3M's Elite series of air-powered tools offers higher quality, lower noise levels, less vibration, and improved ergonomic features over their original " Red Top" series.
They feature a steel alloy curved-throttle lever, an extended curved wrist rest for more support, 3M™ gripping material molded into the interchangeable comfort grip, a conveniently located speed control dial, and an internal muffler.
This tool is ideal for flat surface finishing, sealer sanding, and working in tight corners.
With its relatively small 1/8" orbit diameter, these sanders can sand along a critical edge.
Boatyard workers love them for being able to sand right up to a boot stripe or brightwork without damaging the existing paintwork or varnish.
This sander comes with a Hookit pad (#28531) which can be used with any type of 2-3/4" Hookit sheet roll sandpaper.
Additional accessories include replacement hand grips in several sizes; medium is standard.
• Non-vacuum model
• Powerful 0.28 hp motor
• Precision balanced for smooth operation, less vibration, and quiet operation
• Recessed lever eliminates pinch points
• Air valve is situated so as to eliminate unintended adjustments
• Composite cover absorbs and reduces vibration
• Sturdy, lightweight aluminum body prevents cracked housings and downtime
• Tool has a 3/8" air inlet
• Optimal airflow for the rpms specified = 17 SCFM