These discs are specifically designed for fast, durable grinding of stainless steel, aluminum, and other softer metals.
Before the launch of Cubitron II 987C discs, these 985C grinding discs represented the best of 3M's high performance discs for stainless steel applications.
985C discs utilize pure Cubitron abrasive — an incredibly hard and durable synthetic ceramic mineral with sharp edges.
User Tip — Especially with coarser 36 and 24 grits, we recommend the use of an extra hard red ribbed backing plate for cooler running and prolonged disc life; see Related Products, below.
• Features the convenient and durable 5/8-11 TN quick connect attachment system
• Also offered in popular sizes with a traditional 7/8" mounting hole
• Heat-resistant grinding aid runs cooler and minimizes loading
• Bonding resin formula is specifically optimzed for fast cutting of softer metals
• Tough, but flexible, fibre backing
• Sold by the bag
For a higher performance disc, consider 3M's 987C long-lasting, highest performance disc for stainless steel, utilizing the revolutionary Cubitron II precision aligned abrasive.
An economical alternative is the 785C (original Cubitron-aluminum oxide blended mineral) grinding disc for stainless steel; see Related Products.