Purple abrasives are 3M’s best performing class of abrasives.
Both more durable and faster cutting than other discs, they provide the greatest dollar value and the highest quality in abrasive minerals available.
Faster cutting increases productivity, while long-lasting abrasive particles reduce paper consumption — so shop techs spend less time changing sandpaper and more time sanding.
The Hookit™ attachment system allows technicians to reuse the paper, taking advantage of their full working life.
Purple Abrasives produce a consistent finish you can count on, for higher-quality execution and reduced re-working.
All these papers have a stearate coating to prevent loading and provide a consistent finish.
In 740I the coating is clear, in the others, it is white - making the papers appear light purple.
• Save on labor and materials with reduced costs and excellent results
• Premium aluminum oxide abrasive
• Excellent for use on tough marine gelcoat, paint, and primers
• Also use for shaping and scratch refinement on fiberglass, fillers and putties, metals, and plastics
• Stearate coating prevents loading and provides a consistent finish
• Resin bonded for heat resistance
• Priced and sold by the roll
Heavy on the technical side...
The abrasives in this group:
• Note - all the 700 series rolls in this group are constructed of a unique blend of aluminum oxides and an incredibly durable man-made ceramic mineral, Cubitron, for longer life and a more consistent scratch pattern than comparable aluminum oxide abrasives
• 734U light purple (moderately coarse grits) rolls have a C-weight paper backing
• 745I light purple rolls come only in 80 grit, they have an evenly distributed closed coat abrasive pattern on a heavy E-weight paper backing
• 740I dark purple rolls are very coarse, with an aggressive, non-loading open coat abrasive pattern on a heavy E-weight paper backing