These discs feature 3M's Cubitron II - a revolutionary advancement in abrasive technology.
Use them for paint stripping, body filler sanding, fine featheredging, final sanding before priming, prepping before blending, and more.
The Clean Sanding spiral-patterned design features nearly 200 holes to give dust a better escape route - moving more dust away from your finishing surface without loading the disc.
Plus, the unique multi-hole pattern makes for quicker disc changes because hole alignment is not required.
The Cubitron™ II abrasive used in these discs is a unique, precision-shaped, ceramic grain that is engineered with ultra-sharp, fast-cutting points.
An improvement over the original Cubitron, the sharp-edged, pyramid-shaped Cubitron II grains are electrostatically oriented so they point upward to form sharp peaks.
They act like individual cutting tools that slice right through fiberglass, wood, paint, and body fillers,
As they wear, instead of getting rounded, the pyramid-shaped peaks continuously fracture to form brand new, sharp, cutting edges — running cooler and maximizing both performance and disc life.
By contrast, conventional ceramic abrasive grain is irregular in shape. Instead of a clean slicing action, the grain "plows" through the substrate, causing heat buildup, slower cutting and shorter disc life. See illustration at left.
Customers rave about Cubitron II. For speed, comfort and long life, nothing else comes close to the power of 3M Cubitron II Abrasive Discs
• Precision-shaped abrasive grain
• New cutting edges continually exposed as it wears
• Cuts 30% faster than premium abrasives with less pressure and less fatigue
• Lasts twice as long as competitive discs
• Continuous formation of new cutting edges means a finer, more uniform finish
• 3M's Clean Sanding hole pattern provides the best dust removal available by allowing the the vacuum to reach virtually every part of the disc
• Excellent performance - with or without vacuum-assisted dust removal
• Multi-hole pattern means no need for time-consuming hole alignment when changing discs
• Durable C-weight backing paper
• Anti-load stearate coating
• Hookit™ attachment system for simple application and easy reuse
• Sold by the box