3M's flagship product for gelcoat refinishing and mold work.
This combination compound and polish is designed to take dull, or repaired, gelcoat to full gloss with just a single product.
It combines a fast cutting compound with a fine finishing material. As you buff, the coarser compounding particles degrade as they remove oxidation, leaving the finer abrasives which polish the surface to a gloss finish.
Note - This product is less aggressive than the similar sounding Compound and Finishing Material (MMM 36044 and 36045).
• Saves time, money, and effort by combining compounding and polishing into a single step
• Leaves an excellent finish without swirl marks
• Use for final polishing of surfaces previously sanded with P800 sandpaper
• Contains no wax or silicone
• Buff with a wool pad on an air or electric buffer (1500-2500 rpm)
For painted surfaces, we recommend 3M Perfect-It Rubbing Compound #06085.