Although they are switching the Purple line over to the better performing Hookit™ Clean Sanding format, 3M™ still offers the original Stikit no-hole Purple discs in the coarse grits below.
Purple abrasives are 3M’s best performing class of abrasives.
Both more durable and faster cutting than other discs, they provide the greatest dollar value and the highest quality in abrasive minerals available.
Faster cutting increases productivity, while long-lasting abrasive particles reduce disc consumption — so shop techs spend less time changing sandpaper and more time sanding.
• 3M's fastest cutting, longest lasting abrasive — save on labor and material costs, with excellent results
• Stikit adhesive backing makes changing discs easy
• All these discs have a stearate coating to prevent loading and provide a consistent finish
• Resin bonded for heat resistance
• Excellent for use on tough marine gelcoat, paint and primer systems
• Also use for shaping and sctratch refinement on fiberglass, fillers and putties, metals, and plastics
• Constructed of a unique blend of aluminum oxides and an incredibly durable man-made ceramic mineral, Cubitron, for longer disc life
• Priced by the box
• As noted, 3M is switching the Purple line over to Clean Sanding discs on a Hookit backing.
• Even in non-vacuum applications, the Clean Sanding Discs perform better and last longer
So if you don't find the disc you want in this group, check out our Hookit Clean Sanding entries — see Related Products, below.
Heavy on the technical side...
• 740I — dark purple discs are very coarse, with a non-loading open coat abrasive pattern on a heavy E-weight paper backing
• 745I — light purple discs come only in 80 grit, they have an evenly distributed closed coat abrasive pattern on a heavy E-weight paper backing