This filter offers reliable protection against both oil and non-oil based particles, as well as dusts and mists.
In environments where both harmful vapors and particulates exist, the 5P71 particulate filter can be used over any 3M™ organic or chemical vapor cartridge — as vapor cartridges, alone, do not protect against particulates.
(Secure the pre-filter with a 3M™ 501 Retainer, which clips onto the cartridge.)
With a 3M 603 adapter plus a 3M 501 Retainer, these pre-filters can also be used directly on any 3M bayonet facepiece when only dust/particulate protection is required.
• Applicable for spray painting, lacquering, and most marine applications — except sandblasting, and asbestos abatement
• As required, use with appropriate gas or vapor cartridge
• Reduced linting ensures exacting paint results
• Low profile design stays out of the way
• Layered design prevents rapid clogging from paint aerosols
• Advanced Electret Media with electrostatically charged microfibers capture particles, but lets air through - for easier and cooler breathing
• Note - this filter has an "in" side and an "out" side.
When used, the writing on the filter faces the respirator
• Priced by the box of 10