This filter offers reliable protection against both oil and non-oil based particles, as well as dusts and mists.
It is similar to the comfortable 8511 filter, but with a carbon layer to offer relief from nuisance levels of organic vapors such as from solvents, degreasers, and resins.
Nuisance level refers to concentrations not exceeding OSHA PEL, or applicable government occupational exposure limits - whichever is lower.
This disposable particulate respirator is a step up in quality and comfort from the thinner, non-valved 8247, and is designed to help provide prolonged protection against certain solid and liquid particles, including oil-based particles.
• Provides relief from paint odors, unpleasant smog levels, and non-hazardous household odors
• Suitable for activities such as sanding, grinding, bagging, sweeping in oil and non-oil environments, as well as other dusty operations
• Carbon absorbent removes odors
• Lightweight, spacious contour fit, easy breathability
• No faceseal, but soft inner shell conforms to face for long-term comfort
• Cool, dry comfort for the wearer, provided by the patented Cool Flow™ one-way exhalation valve
• Easier breathing — electrostatically charged Electret Media catches dust, but lets air through
• Adjustable M-shaped noseclip and soft nose foam help provide a custom fit with secure seal, and reduce the potential for eyewear fogging
• Secure, comfortable fit with dual braided straps for a range of head sizes
• Collapse-resistant shell
• NIOSH approved: P95 particulate respirator - provides 95% filtering efficiency
• Do not use for welding, asbestos, sandblasting, gasses, or organic vapors above the government-permissible exposure limit
• Priced by box of 10