3M's Elite series of air-powered tools offers higher quality, lower noise levels, less vibration, and improved ergonomic features over their original " Red Top" series.
They feature a steel alloy curved-throttle lever, an extended curved wrist rest for more support, 3M™ gripping material molded into the interchangeable comfort grip, a conveniently located speed control dial, and an internal muffler.
• Precision balanced for smooth operation
• Color-coded lever for easy orbit identification (Chrome = 3/32", Silver = 3/16", Black = 5/16")
• Multiple grips sizes available for operator comfort; medium is standard
• Newly designed wrist rest for more support
• Recessed lever eliminates pinch points
• Composite cover absorbs and reduces vibrations
• Lightweight, sturdy aluminum body prevents cracked housings and downtime
• Stikit™ disc pad included (5/16-24 external thread)
• Tool has a 3/8" air inlet
• Optimal airflow for the rpms specified = 17 SCFM
Heavy on the technical side...
How to Select an Orbit Diameter
• 1/8" and 3/16" orbit diameters have long been considered industry "standards". These are the tools to buy for "general purpose" use.
• A 3/32" orbit is extremely small and rarely used. This would be a specialty tool for very fine finishing applications.
• 5/16" is a high productivity, large orbit, that is ideal for heavy material removal and polishing applications. These tools are seeing renewed popularity for their ability to level a surface quickly.