One of 3M's original "Red Top" series of air-powered tools, this sander offers an economical alternative to their Elite series.
This sander uses the airflow that drives the motor to generate a vacuum at the sanding surface, which is ducted into the tool's exhaust port.
It is designed to work with 3M's proprietary self-contained dust collection system to trap and contain airborne particles during the finishing process.
These self-gen vacuum models have a 1" internal hose thread exhaust port and include a 1" adapter (#20453) for an included filter bag (#20452).
They can also be used with conventional filter bags.
• For use with 3M dust free and Clean Sanding discs
• Precision balanced, designed for smooth operation
• Color-coded lever for easy orbit identification (Chrome = 3/32", Silver = 3/16", Black = 5/16")
• 12,000 max. rpm
• Powerful 0.28 hp motor
• Tool has a 3/8" air inlet
• Optimal airflow for the rpms specified = 17 SCFM
• Clean Sanding Hookit™ backup pad included (5/16-24 external thread)
• 3 finger grip sizes available; 2-3/4" (Med.) is standard
• 1-year warranty
Note - Not recommended for use with a central or shop vacuum, as these can pull dust through the gearbox, damaging the tool.