3M's innovative PPS Accuspray™ Spray Gun System features replaceable spray nozzles and paint cup components — so nearly all the components that touch the paint are disposable.
When you replace these disposable components, you get the equivalent of a brand new spray gun - for a fraction of the cost of a new one.
With the HG18 Gun, you can produce the finish of a premium HVLP spray gun at a fraction of the cost.
PPS disposable nozzles, liners, and lids make for fast clean-up and greatly reduced solvent use and disposal fees.
With its easy clean-up, this gun is a no brainer for small jobs.
It is also great for fluids with a short pot life (like gelcoat), since if it gels you just throw the disposable parts away.
• Ideal for spraying medium viscosity coatings such as primers, gelcoat, barrier coats, and antifouling paint
• With the purchase of the available 1.4 mm nozzle, you can also spray low viscosity sealers and topcoats, see below
• Reduces the amount of paint used by minimizing overspray
• Atomizing heads are designed to be disposable, but can be reused if necessary
• Produces a flatter, smoother surface — decreases primer sanding time
• Use the same cup for mixing and spraying
• Reduced gun clean-up time
• Uses less solvent for gun clean-up — saves on solvent costs, lowers operator exposure, and reduces hazardous disposal fees
• Improves productivity and profitability
• Negative pressure feed and collapsible cup liners mean this gun can be used at any angle without starving the gun
The HG18 gun comes with three 1.8 mm atomizing heads and an airflow control valve.
The 1.8 mm (clear) tips are suitable for spraying medium viscosity fluids such as antifouling paint, barrier coats, gelcoat, primers, and heavier viscosity fluids where higher atomization is important.
- 1.4 mm (orange) and 2.0 mm (red) PPS nozzles for lower and higher viscosity fluids are also available; see Related Products, below.
• The required PPS reusable paint cups and collars, as well as disposable cup liners and lids (with integral strainers) are sold separately; see Related Products.
• If in-cup mixing is desired, graduated mylar mixing inserts available for each size of cup; see Related Products
HG18 improvements over the HG09, which this gun replaces:
• Wider, more comfortable trigger
• Shorter reach for easier pull
• Improved, more precise air valve
• Reinforcing washer on air fitting prevents damage from over-tightening
• Stronger, reinforced body construction
About the PPS™ System...
PPS is a complete painting system from 3M™ which produces cleaner jobs, saves on solvent usage and gun cleaning time, and can improve operator efficiency by as much as 15%.
Specifically designed cup adapters allow painters to take advantage of the PPS disposable cup liner system with virtually any spray gun.
PPS replaces traditional mixing cups and filters, and drastically reduces the amount of solvent required for gun cleaning.
The liner, lid, and built-in filter are all disposable, leaving only the adapter and spray gun to be cleaned, using minimal solvent.
With these disposable parts, shops can see a 70% savings in cleaning solvent use — this means less operator exposure to solvents, and a significant reduction in VOCs.
Since PPS uses the same cup for mixing and spraying, there less risk of outside contamination, less time spent mixing and cleaning.
With PPS, your spray gun functions at any angle.
PPS allows painters to spray at any angle, even inverted, without starving the paint gun.
Note that with this HG-18 gun, the air should be purged from the cup before inverting, to avoid spitting and coughing from air intrusion.