This entry level 6 ft low profile tubular webbing lanyard comes with 2 snap hooks and integrated shock absorption.
In the event of a fall, the lanyard can act as an energy absorber.
Similar to some types of climbing equipment, when you fall on the lanyard, extra stitching rips out, and in doinjg so, absorbs the shock of the fall.
At the same time, the ripped stitching allows the lanyard to become longer.
This can help protect workers by reducing the arresting force applied to a worker's body to within safe limits.
In a fall that utilizes the full energy absorbing potential of the lanyard, enough stitching rips out to allow the lanyard to lengthen an additional 3-1/2 ft.
This potential lengthening must be taken into account when calculating fall clearance requirements — how far a worker can fall before hitting an obstruction, or the ground.
• Designed for general purpose work environments
• Rated for up to a 6 ft free fall application for a single user, with a maximum capacity of 310 lb (including clothing, tools, etc.)
• Load Indicator Lines on the lanyard let you quickly determine if the lanyard has been subjected to a fall, and must be replaced
• Dual action, self-locking snaphooks have a minimal tensile breaking strength of 5,000 lb, and a 3,600 lb gate rating (prevents accidental opening)
• Maximum dynamic arrest force of 900 lbf (4 kN), and a maximum elongation of 42" in ANSI test cited below
• Meets requirements of ANSI Z359.1-2007 standard and CSA Z259.11-05