The Sandblaster System consists of your choice of large or small sanding blocks, and several grades of soft foam-backed abrasive sheets.
This is the smaller "detail" block. It has a handle grip, and comes to a point at the front - ideal for tight corners and detail work.
The block is ergonomically designed with soft-touch grips, and a rotating/locking handle for maximum comfort.
The block has a firm rubber backing that the sanding pads sit on.
A little bit about the disposable sanding pads used with this block (see Related Products, below):
The clip-on sanding pads have a soft foam backing that conforms to surface irregularities for a consistent finish.
The foam-backed pads can even be held in your hand for sanding especially intricate shapes and curved surfaces - like moldings and furniture leg details.
• Use on wood, metal, or plastic
• The abrasive used on these pads is 3M's premium Cubitron™ - a fast-cutting, exceptionalbly durable synthetic mineral that lasts up to 7 times longer than conventional sandpaper of comparable grits
• Pads are washable and clog resistant
• Coarser grits (180-80) have an A-weight paper-backing over the soft foam backing
• Finer grits (400-220) have the Cubitron mineral applied directly to the foam, and are especially soft and flexible