This is the highest strength, highest temperature contact adhesive made by 3M™.
Neoprene High Performance Contact Adhesive 1357 Gray-Green is a high-performance contact adhesive that provides a long bonding range and initial strength.
Can be used to bond most rubber, cloth, metal, wood, foamed glass, paper honeycomb, decorative plastic laminates and many other substrates.
• Long bonding range
• Excellent initial strength
• High heat resistance
• Bonding Range (one surface) - 30 minutes
• Bonding Range (two surfaces) - 30 minutes
• Consistency - thin liquid
• Heat resistance - up to 230°F
• VOCs - less than 582 gm/liter
• Contact Adhesive 1357 is not available in aerosol or cylinder form
• Can be sprayed, brushed, or rolled; airless spraying is not recommended, however
• Unopened container has a shelf life of 15 months at 60-80°F
• 3M Scotch-Weld Neoprene High Performance Contact Adhesive 1357 meets the specification requirements of MMM-A-121 and MIL-A-21366A
Scotch-Weld Neoprene High Performance Contact Adhesive 1357 is also available in a low viscosity form (1357-L) by special order; please inquire.
Viscosity: 1357 = 200-450 cps; 1357-L = 35-65 cps
With its lower viscosity, it is better suited for roller application, etc.
Note that lower viscosity means lower solids, so you will have to apply more coats to get the same thickness.
NOTE: The sale and use of this contact adhesive is severely restricted due to high VOCs in California per R-1168, and in CT, DC, DE, IL, IN, OH, ME, MD, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA. Consult local air quality regulations before use.