3M's entry level welding helmet, the Speedglas 100 Series allows you to take advantage of excellent optical quality and reliable light-to-dark switching at an affordable price.
The included Speedglas™ 100V variable Auto-Darkening Filter ensures uniform shading and minimum distortion across the entire filter viewing area.
The easy-to-use 100-Series welding helmet can be the ideal helmet for farmers and maintenance or construction workers who can benefit from
the ability to see clearly with their grinding, cutting, and welding protection in place.
In addition to the black model, you can choose from several highly creative graphic helmet designs.
• Excellent optics
• ADF viewing area: 1.73" x 3.66" (6.51 sq in)
• Reliable light-to-dark switching in less than 0.1 ms
• Applicable for most arc welding processes such as stick (MMA), MIG/MAG, and certain >10 Amp TIG applications
• Speedglas 100V filter has 5 user-selectable dark shades (8 to 12), and a light shade of 3
• Three sensitivity settings: a normal setting for most types of welding (both indoors and outdoors), a setting for when other welders are working nearby, and a
setting for low-current or stable arc (e.g. TIG) welding
• Compatible with select 3M Disposable Welding Particulate Respirators: MMM 8212, 8214, and 8233; see Related Products, below
• Meets the requirements of CSA Z94.3 and the high impact requirements of ANSI Z87.1 - 2010
Heavy on the technical side...
While the Speedglas 100 is availble with a variable dark shade 100V ADF, or a single dark shade 100F ADF, we offer only the 100V version.
Speedglas 100V ADF Specifications:
• Dark State: Shade 8 - 12
• Light state: Shade 3
• Dark shade can be increased to 13 or 14 using upgrade plates
• TIG rating: >20 amps
• Switching speed: 0.1 msec @ 73°F
• Dark to light switching delay: 100 - 250 msec
• UV/IR protection: Shade 12 (permanent - even when the ADF is off)
• Viewing area: 1.73" x 3.66" (6.51 sq in)
• Integral magnifying lens holders
• Number of sensors: 2
• Battery life (approx.): 2 years (1,500 hr)
• Warranty: 2 years
• Compliance: CSA Z94.3; ANSI Z87.1 - 2003
• Classification: 1/2/2/3