For welders handling a variety of amperages and arc welding processes, 3M offers the versatile, auto-darkening 9002X Series filters and helmets. Choose from 61 control combinations to guarantee the most efficient and comfortable helmet, no matter what you are welding.
The auto-darkening filter lens reacts automatically and instantaneously to the light from welding arcs, while providing outstanding optical clarity.
A delay function lets you decide how quickly the filter changes from dark-to-light.
The comfortable, lightweight nylon helmet is chemical and heat resistant, and durable. Specially designed vents help remove exhaled air and prevent entry of welding smoke.
• The "X" versions of the 9002 Series feature an extra-large viewing area with clear optics and consistent shading across the entire filter. A solar panel on the front of the filter cassette helps power the unit, extending battery life to approx. 3,000 hours
• "X" model viewing area: Large 4.09" x 2.13"
• FlexView models have a spring-mounted filter assembly which lifts up to expose a large, clear polycarbonate protection plate
• ProTop models combine hard hat, welding helmet, and auto-darkening filter
• SideWindow helmets increase viewing area by over 100%
• Variable shades from 9 to 13, with 4 sensitivity levels and 3 time delay setting
• 9002X models are available with the Adflo™ Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR)
• Membrane-covered control buttons are much faster to use than knobs
• Light shade: 3
• Dark shades: user-adjustable to 9, 10, 11, 12 or 13
• Operating temperature: 23° to 131°F (-5° to 55°C)
• Standards/Approvals: ANSI Z87.1-2003