With many uses, this is a high tack, high coverage, fast drying, nearly clear adhesive for permanently attaching foils, headliners, lightweight foams, paper, cardboard, felt, and fabrics to painted or unpainted metals, wood, hardboard, and other base materials.
Super 77 is unique among spray adhesives.
Its special low viscosity formula sprays as a fine mist, rather than a thick lace — making it ideal for use on delicate fabrics which can dimple with other adhesives like contact cements.
Super 77 is the spray adhesive to use when your goal is applying a thin, even layer of adhesive, and a heavy builup is not desireable.
For the ultimate in ease of use, this bulk container adhesive should be sprayed with your shop air supply using a 3M™ HGP Spray Gun — which utilizes disposable tips and cup liners for fast, easy cleanup and reduced solvent usage and disposal. See Related Products, below.
This bulk format can also be brushed or rolled.
Super 77 is popular for use as a clear dry lay-up adhesive in preparation for resin infusion of fiberglass structures.
• Synthetic elastomer-based adhesive
• Versatile — securely bonds many lightweight materials
• Fast tacking
• High coverage
• Working time (bonding range) from 15 seconds to 15 minutes, depending on conditions
• High VOCs: 75%, does not contain ozone depleting chemicals
• Not recommended for use on vinyls
• This "Original" formula is not for sale in California and other states. Consult local air quality regulations before use
• Available in aerosol and cylinder form; see Related Products, below
• Approx. 160 ft² of coverage @ 1 gm/ft² (dried weight) per lb of weight adhesive