Thinsulate Acoustic Insulation is a microfiber sound absorber that helps improve interior sound quality, and provides thermal insulation, with minimal additional weight.
It is useful in many marine interior applications such as overheads, hull liners, area separation panels, filling voids, etc.
It is lightweight, compressible, non-linting, does not absorb water, and can be easily die-cut.
This product comes with a polyolefin scrim, or a mylar facing on one side which protects the fibers and allows for maximum loft.
• Superior acoustic and thermal insulating performance
• Does not absorb water or support mold or mildew growth - less chance of odors
• Extremely lightweight, easily attached with adhesive or staples
• Potentially less handling and installation safety issues than other fibrous materials
• Non-woven 71% polyolefin/29% polyester batting
• Where applicable, the Mylar version is easier to keep clean