High Capacity Marine and RV Filtration Systems address concerns about the quality of tank-stored water on boats and RVs, and from questionable water hook-ups at docks and campsites.
These filters offer the highest level of protection from bacteria and algae, while also removing contaminants such as chlorine, sediment, silt, and rust.
The result is clear, odor-free, good-tasting water - directly from the tap.
Even with their very fine filtration, 3M™ water filters are constructed to deliver exceptional flow rates and unmatched service life.
Silver impregnated, anti-bacterial filter elements make these filters ideal for tank-stored water — which may go some time between uses.
Filter changes are a breeze, as there is no separate filter element.
The entire disposable cartridge simply twists on or off, with no water spilled, and no bowl to clean.
These in-line filters install under your sink or in the main water supply line from your tank or water inlet.
They can filter water at flow rates comparable to your household water supply, and use your existing plumbing fixtures.
They connect to your plumbing system with familiar hose or pipe fittings.
The filter head will accept any of the three sizes of B Series cartridges; see Related Products, below.
Choose the filter size according to the output of your water pressure pump in gallons per minute (gpm).
For installations requiring substantially higher flow rates, several cartridges can be plumbed in parallel using one of 3M's filter manifolds, or user-supplied pipe fittings.
• Approx. B1 flow rate: 1.5 gpm @ 20 psi, 2.5 gpm @ 60 psi; service life: 2,500 gallons
• Approx. B2 flow rate: 2.5 gpm @ 20 psi, 5 gpm @ 60 psi; service life: 7,500 gallons
• Approx. B3 flow rate: 3.5 gpm @ 20 psi, 8 gpm @ 60 psi; service life: 15,000 gallons
• Filter head has 1/2" female NPT ports
• Carbon core removes more than 95% of chlorine, bad tastes, and odors
• Eliminates sediment, silt, and rust down to an incredible 0.2 microns
• 0.2 micron filtration removes 99.99% of bacteria, molds, and paracytic cysts
• Included bypass plug allows for easy winterizing and line sanitizing
• Unlike many others, the 3M filter can be mounted in any orientation
• Performance has been independently certified by NSF International