These horizontall evaporator kits are ColdMachine system components used when converting an insulated, front loading, built-in icebox to a thermostat-controlled 12 volt refrigerator/freezer.
Forming the "freezer" portion of the icebox, and designed for loading from the front, these evaporators have a door.
Each evaporator must be paired with a ColdMachine or Super ColdMachine condenser to make a complete refrigeration system. See Related Products, below.
The evaporator kit includes a thermostat which connects to the condenser control module via a phone cable.
ColdMachine condensers and evaporator kits now come with self-sealing "quick-connect" fittings for easy attachment. Unlike the old "one-shot" connections, quick-connect fittings can be disconnected and reconnected whenever necessary without loss of refrigerant.
Quick-Connect Adapters (see below) are available to join older one-shot components to newer quick-connect counterparts (professional installation required since the older unit will need to be re-charged with refrigerant).
• An evaporator must be paired with a condensing unit to form a complete refrigeration sytem - you need to purchase one of each
• Condensers and evaporators are pre-charged and ready to install
• Evaporators and cold plates include a thermostat kit and 15 ft copper tubing (12.5 ft for the VD-160 cold plate)
• BTU rating: 650/hr maximum at +25°F evaporator temp
• Evaporator capacities assume refrigerator with 3" of polyurethane insulation and 40% run time; or freezer with 4" of insulation and 50% run time
• Warranty: 1-year labor; 2-years parts