Andersen E1 Electric Winches allow you to hoist and trim sails of any size at the push of a button. They remove the requirement for physical strength, making it possible for any crew member to easily and safely control lines and sails. Perfect for enjoying sailing short-handed or with friends and family.
In addition to the host of standard features that have made Andersen self tailing winches the benchmark for quality and performance Andersen E1 Electric Winches are engineered with unsurpassed levels of functionality, monitoring and protection.
Ease of Installation
Internal contactors and controller, with no separate control box required, mean a more reliable, neater and lighter installation. Simplified electrical installation requires just the connection of positive and negative power cables to the motor terminals and the connection of the push button using the included output cable. Marine grade circuit breakers are also available for protection and isolation.
Efficient, high quality motor
At the heart of the E1 winch is a high quality European engineered and manufactured series wound motor. Carefully matched with the optimal gearbox they deliver high speed at low load for fast sheeting in, and low speed at high load for safe, fine tuning when trimming. They are available in 12 Volt and 24 Volt models providing smooth and quiet operation across a wide working load range.
Illuminated "intelligent" Push Button
E1 winches are supplied with push button with integrated LED which illuminates when power to the winch system is on. The push button incorporates a hinged safety cover to prevent inadvertent winch operation and is water resistant rated to IP67. The push button also acts with the controller to flash status codes that assist with trouble shooting in the event of overload or where other system protection intervention occurs. A cable for connection of the push button is included for convenient installation.
Unrivalled level of monitoring and protection
• Integrated Overload Protection - The controller is pre-set to stop the winch if the Maximum Pull Load is exceeded. Operation can resume within a few seconds when the load returns below the limit
• Thermal Overload Protection – The motor is fitted with a thermal cutout that disables the motor in case of overheating; it automatically resets after the temperature returns to normal.
• Reverse Polarity Protection – An integrated 5 Amp fuse protects the motor against incorrect cable connection.
• Accidental Start Protection – Winch operation is disabled if the push button is already inadvertently pressed when the power supply is turned on at the circuit breaker or battery.
• Low Voltage Detection - Operation is disabled if the battery charge level is low, which prevents further drain on batteries and avoids triggering low-voltage reset of navigation instruments and other electronic devices.
• Continuous Run Time Limit– Operation is disabled if continuous run time exceeds 10 minutes.
2-speed manual operation is always available as a backup; to winch beyond the pre-set maximum pull load (but below the winch Max Working Load) or just for the experience.