The Antal HS Mast Slider System is designed for boats with full batten mainsails that experience high loads and compression-loading on the mainsail luff. The system’s aluminium sliders contain HS composite fibre inserts that run on aluminium track mounted on the mast. HS composite fibre is a new material that’s durable over long periods of use and offers extremely low friction coefficients. The material is made from special resins strengthened with fibre and is self lubricating.
• Track is made from hard coat anodized aluminum alloy and is designed to be installed when the mast is veritical
• HS composite fiber is a new material that is durable over long periods of use and offers extremely low friction coefficients
• Properies of HS material allow the cars to be shorter than standard ball-bearing car systems, thereby reducing the stacking height at the mast when the sail is down
• Lower cars can easily be removed from the track when the sail is reefed, thereby keeping the tack low to the boom
• Minimum friction under load
• Less maintenance than ball bearing car systems
• Cars can easily be removed and re-installed on the track whenever the mainsail is changed