Unlike automotive and OEM marine alternator regulators, the multi-stage Max Charge MC-624 modifies the charging voltage to meet the charge state, battery type, and temperature of large marine battery banks - ensuring quick, full charging.
On engine startup, the Max Charge gently ramps up to full bulk charging voltage, where most of the charging occurs. Once the bulk charge requirements of the batteries are met, the MC-624 regulator reduces the charging voltage to absorption voltage for a complete charge, and later further reduces to float voltage - where the charging system is able to supply enough charging current to replace whatever electrical load the vessel demands, without overcharging the batteries.
• Microprocessor provides 7 individualized charging profiles for: universal, lead-acid starting, lead-acid deep cycle, gel, absorbed glass mat, spiral wound AGM (Optima), or halogen batteries
• Automatically monitors batteries and uses up to a dozen individual time and voltage values to optimize charging
• Combination of timed and calculation based segments ensure regulator remains in each stage of charge: bulk, absorption, float - for as little or as long is required
• Adjustable start delay allows engine and belt warm-up before the alternator applies horsepower load to the system
• Adjustable belt load manager programming
• 3-digit LED alphanumeric readout
• Monitors and compensates for alternator and battery temperature when equipped with optional sensors (sold separately); battery temp sensor (BAL MC-TS-B), alternator temperature sensor (BAL MC-TS-A)
• Available harness is 54" long - includes power, field, ignition, stator, & ground wires, and fused sense wire pigtail
• Capable of controlling 2 alternators in twin engine installations, if the field wire is split for 2 outputs