Bristol Finish two-part polyurethane finishes are easy to use, produce a professional appearance, and are very cost effective due to decreased sanding requirements and short drying times. Bristol Finish is very resistant to UV breakdown.
• Sanding not required between coats and a new coat may be applied within an hour
• Tough, abrasion and impact resistant finish
• Amber (with UV inhibitors) matches color of traditional spar varnish
• Not affected by gasoline, diesel fuel or cleaning chemicals
• Accelerator - speeds drying; can be used in colder conditions
• Reducer - slows drying; can be used in warmer conditions to increase work time
• Satin additive may be used in the last coat; adjustable for the desired degree of gloss reduction
• Contains: quart or gallon Urethane Resin and appropriate amount of Catalyst (16 oz./gal.)
• Approximate coverage per gallon: 1 coat - 800 sq. ft. (74,4 sq M), recommend 4 coats (minimum), 6 coats (optimal)
If you run out of catalyst, or need to speed or slow the reaction to account for ambient temperatures, an accelerator, reducer, and extra catalyst are available. There is even a Satin Additive to produce a semi-gloss finish. See Accessory Products, below.