A packing box, or stuffing box, is a device that seals around the propeller shaft, preventing seawater from entering the boat.
The flexible hose connection between the packing box and the vessel's shaft log provides enough movement to allow for small shaft alignment discrepancies.
• Complete assembly includes: body, hex spud, hex locking nut, hose and hose clamps
• Body, spud and lock nut are finely machined cast bronze
• Hose is extra heavy 5-ply marine exhaust hose
• Models up to and including 1-1/4" (00PB125) come with all stainless steel standard worm gear hose clamps
• Models 1-3/8" and larger come with heavy duty all stainless steel T-bolt style hose clamps
• Complete range of shaft and hose sizes available; please inquire
• Sizes over 1-3/8" are available in left-hand thread for left-hand shaft rotation; please inquire