Ideally suited for freshwater, ePaint Ecominder is one of the most environmentally friendly paints on the market.
Ecominder is an advanced single season antifouling paint for sail, power, and trailered boats in both fresh and low fouling saltwater. Not recommended for use in high fouling areas.
Ecominder is EPA approved - and is free of harmful volatile organic solvents, and leaching toxicants. ePaints are currently used on US Coast Guard, US Navy, National Park Service, NOAA, as well as numerous state and local government vessels.
Ecominder works by combining the patented photoactive release of hydrogen peroxide to prevent attachment of hardshell fouling organisms, and the degradable biocide, Zinc Omadine (zinc pyrithione, 4.8%), to eliminate grass, slime, algae and bacteria.
• Moderately hard, hybrid self-polishing finish provides the benefits of both hard and soft type antifouling paints
• A good choice for trailered boats
• Controlled wear so no old paint build-up; scrubbable with minimal loss of paint
• Unlimited dry to launch time, paint in the fall and launch in the spring
• Once launched, Ecominder can be taken out of the water for periods as long as 12 months without re-coating
• Suitable for use on boats up to 30 knots
• Copper-free, will not promote corrosion on metal surfaces
• Compatibile with fiberglass, aluminum, wood, outboards, outdrives, and trim tabs
• Fast drying, apply multiple coats per day
• A single season paint; unlike other ablatives, additional coats beyond the recommended will not extend service life
• Apply with brush, 1/4" nap or foam roller, or spray (HVLP)
• Thin and clean up with water
• Theoretical coverage: 350-400 ft²/gal; recommended 2 full coats with additional around waterline; 49% solids (vol.)
• Made in USA