On board, on guard, 24 hours a day - the safest way to combat an engine room fire.
No operator intervention is required to extinguish a fire.
The clean, heptafluoropropane (HFC-227ea) agent is approved for occupied spaces, and is also approved for use in Europe. (HFC-227ea agent is also marketed as FM-200® and FE-227™.)
When 175°F (79°C) is reached, the extinguisher will automatically discharge, releasing the clean agent gas to totally flood the entire space, smothering the fire.
When calculating engine compartment volume, use the maximum compartment dimensions, and DO NOT deduct for engines, fixed tanks, etc.; if in doubt, always select the larger size for adequate protection.
Do not use more than one extinguisher in a compartment.
• Automatic discharge only
• Total flooding of engine rooms up to 1000 cubic feet
• Clean agent leaves no water or powdery residue to clean up
• Vertical, upward angled, or horizontal mounting allowed
• Each system includes SS mounting brackets, a helm station panel-mounted system status indicator light, and owner's manual/installation instructions
• Table below provides overall dimensions
• USCG approved; approved to EN ISO 9094-1 and EN ISO 9094-2 Standards by Bureau Veritas, RINA, and Factory Mutual
• WARNING: Compartments containing diesel engines require the installation of an Automatic Engine Shut-Down System with these extinguishers for proper function - see separate entry; USCG regulations require a system status panel for each helm station
• Factory refillable - except when the discharge is the result of a fire
• 3-year limited warranty