This is a stand-alone 9 volt battery-powered smoke detector - very similar to one that might be used in your home.
It uses the ionization principle of detection for detecting fast-flaming fires which consume combustible materials rapidly and spread quickly.
It incorporates an internationally recognized horn signal for evacuation.
During the alarm mode, the horn produces three short beeps followed by a two second pause and then repeats. Recommended installation is to install one unit in each separate sleeping accommodation, saloon, galley, engine/generator room and electrical control room.
• 85 decibel alarm
• 9V battery operated (battery included)
• No wiring; easy installation
• Low battery alarm features audible beeps to indicate a battery replacement is required
• Features easily accessible test button on cover
• Meets National Fire Protection Agency 302 requirements, and UL 217 standards for recreational vehicles
• Complies with U.S. Coast Guard Section 28.325 and 181.45