Carbon fiber poles and tubing have three finish options are available:
- Standard Finish is uncoated "EZ Grip" This is how the tubing comes out of the mold, and is what you get if you don't select (and pay for) the Epoxy or Awlgrip coatings
- High-Gloss Epoxy Clear Coat
- Awlgrip Color Coat
• EZ Grip poles have a dull, matte finish and are coated with a sealer to help prevent fraying; they have a very good gripping surface - even when wet; having no UV protection, these poles should be stored inside the boat when not being used
• UV High-Gloss Epoxy Clear Coated poles are shiny and smooth; if stored on deck, these poles require periodic re-coating - the frequency depends on geographical location
• Awlgrip Color Coating on carbon poles is strongly recommended for maximal UV protection - especially if stored on deck, or up the mast; (Matterhorn White unless some other color is specified)
• For physical or UV protection, padded pole covers are available in two sizes. See separate entry.