In test after test, the Fortress Anchor consistently beats the competition for holding power - often by a large margin, and at a fraction of the weight!
The advent of the fortress anchor was a big step forward in anchor design. For the first time, sailors had available a highly engineered, very high holding power anchor, that could be disassembled and stowed for convenient storage, if desired.
• Less than half the weight of steel anchors with comparable holding power
• Immensely strong - precision machined from hardened high-tensile, corrosion resistant, aluminum magnesium alloy; tough anodized finish
• Milled edges are sharper than dull galvanized steel and penetrate faster and deeper
• Easier and safer to handle
• Easily disassembled for compact stowage as a spare or storm anchor; fits in your bilge - no more excuses for not carrying an adequate "Storm Anchor"
• Special "Mud Palms" can be bolted onto the crown to increase the fluke angle from the standard 32° to 45° for dramatically improved holding in difficult, soft mud bottoms
• Will never rust
• Independently tested - approved by American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) and used by the U.S. Navy and Coast Guard
• Life-time warranty - free replacement of any damaged part - forever
• Note: the table below is based on the manufacturer's recommendations for hard sand bottoms, and is meant as a guide only. If you are in doubt about the appropriate choice of anchor for your boat, please call us for advice.