These winches are useful for moving heavy loads short distances. They feature high gear ratios for safe, controlled movement of your load. The winch drum automatically stops when the handle is released. There is no freewheel mode, no special mechanisms, and no minimum load required for operation. Worm gear winch applications include raising boats on davits and raising and lowering sailboat keels. Note that with the very high gear ratio, it takes a lot of cranking to move the load a relatively short distance (51 turns of the handle for 1 turn of the drum - load comes in approx. 10 inches).
• Drum hubs are sized to prevent cable damage and extend cable life
• Oil-impregnated bushings and comfort grip handles for easy cranking
• Reinforced frames keep gears aligned for improved life cycle performance
• Max. cable lengths vary from 150 ft. to 60 ft. depending on ther diameter of the cable chosen
• These winches should not be used for lifting, supporting or transporting people, or for loads over areas where people could be present
• Limited 3-year warranty