BlueChart g2 (generation 2) is Garmin's proprietary marine chart data. When displayed on a Garmin® chartplotter, handheld, or other map-capable device, BlueChart g2 data looks just like paper charts with depth contours and coastlines, spot soundings, navaids, port plans, and inter-tidal zones. You'll be able to see your vessel's precise, on-chart position in relation to navaids, coastal features, anchorages, obstructions, waterways, and restricted areas. With next generation BlueChart g2, you'll notice improved transitions between zoom levels and across chart borders, easier-to-read labeling, and an overall smoother presentation. Some older Garmin units may not have access to all the BlueChart g2 features, but will still benefit from the larger chart regions - at a substantial cost savings. Please call us at 1-800-426-6930 for help with compatibility questions.
• BlueChart g2 is available on proprietary GarminCard format (for older 2000 & 3000 Series), or on microSD cards inside an SD adapter (looks just like an SD card)
• Choice of standard 2-D direct overhead, or 3-D over-the-bow map views for easier chart reading and orientation
• Safety Shading allows contour shading for depth contours shallower than the user-defined safe depth
• Fishing Charts emphasize bathymetric contours with less visual clutter on the display
• Compatible with HomePort™ software - use BlueChart data to plan your route on your home computer before your trip
• NOTE: Area descriptions in Table are approximate for easier recognition