GE SCS2000 is a one-component, high-strength, medium modulus, neutral cure silicone sealant and adhesive. It is used in structural glazing, and on a wide variety of materials in new or remedial weatherproofing applications.
SCS2000 is supplied as a paste, and upon cure, produces a durable, formed-in-place silicone rubber joint sealant.
SCS2000 is capable of adhesion to a wide variety of substrates and finishes without primer. It is sutiable for use on glass, polycarbonate, vinyl, numerous plastics, treated and untreated wood, fluoropolymer and powder coated paints, conversion-coated and anodized aluminum, EIFS, brick, terra-cotta, ceramic and porcelain materials, concrete and natural stones. Some finishes or substrates may require a primer.
Recommended uses include weatherproofing, structural glazing (with proper MPM review and testing), protective glazing, seismic applications, and as an adhesive.
• High tensile and tear strengths
• Provides extended placement and tooling time (work life = 20 - 30 minutes)
• Tack free time = 3 - 4 hours (at 72°F and 50%RH)
• Cures in 3 - 4 days, fulll cure in 10 - 14 days; requires atmospheric moisture
• Neutral cure (no acetic acid), low VOC, low odor
• Low sag - useful for application to horizontal, vertical or overhead surfaces
• Withstands significant joint movement and deformation - can accommodate 50% movement in both extension and compression with excellent recovery after cycling
• Withstands harsh weather conditions - excellent long-term resistance to extreme temperatures, UV radiation, rain, and snow - with negligible change in elasticity
• Not for use below the waterline
• Thermal stability (cured state) - remains elastic over a range of -55°F (-48°C) to 300°F (149°C), and up to 400°F (204°C) intermittently
• Cannot be painted or sanded