Gill's i2 lightweight base layer is made using bamboo yarns embedded with activated charcoal/carbon. It can be worn alone as a technical cooling layer, or under a shell for thermal insulation - keeping you warm and dry. Activated charcoal has an extraordinarily porous micro-structure - creating a fabric with an extremely high absorptive capacity.
Just 1 gram of activated carbon has an internal absorptive surface area in excess of 500 m² (approx. the area of two full tennis courts). This highly porous structure is renowned for its sponge-like ability to trap moisture and odor causing bacteria, as well as many other substances.
Unlike competitors' base-layer garments where the wicking/odor mechanisms are chemical treatments which eventually degrade or wash off, the activated charcoal in Gill i2 garments is part of the actual fabric and will last the lifetime of the garment.
• Superior moisture absorption and air & odor trapping - disperses sweat fast; excellent insulator in cold weather; less sticking to skin on hot summer days
• Permanent, fast wicking performance - won't wash off
• Environmentally friendly manufacturing - bamboo is eminently renewable
• Bi-component structure for comfort and warmth (60% bamboo/40% polyester)
• Traps odors and is reactivated after every wash
• Stretch fabric, flat locked stitching and low bulk cuffs for comfort
• UV protection UPF 50+