When engines, generators, air conditioners, refrigeration equipment, or other accessories must run continuously, and cannot be shut down for filter cleaning, a Groco duplex strainer is ideal. The dual filter design allows one filter to remain in constant service while the other is being cleaned.
These model AVD duplex strainers are compliant with ABS standards for inspected vessels, having cast bronze heads and 316 stainless steel enclosures - no plastic - for installations where an enclosure is advised or required by regulation..
• No need to stop the engine to clean the filter element; just turn the valve handle to select the side of the strainer desired for continued operation
• Monel inside tie rods; naval bronze outside tie rods
• Selector valve features Buna-N O-ring seals
• Easy to clean; bronze wingnuts spin off to allow access to the filter baskets
• Threaded internally for NPT pipe connections
• Drain plugs aid in cleaning and winterization
• Install with pipe or hose
• Optional (by special order) Monel filter baskets offer better-than-stainless steel corrosion resistance
• Filter basket specifications: 0.077" diameter holes, 96 holes/in² and 45% open area