Electric Radial winches let you trim any size sail with the push of a button. Harken electric motors attach to the central driveshaft and apply power through the winch transmission gears for a two-speed mechanical advantage - the low power first gear for fast trimming, the higher power second gear for fine-tuning loaded sheets. This allows use of a smaller, more efficient motor that saves batteries, weight, and cost. Operation is by use of simple waterproof switches that are located near the winch. Inserting a locking handle, when the winch is not under load, automatically disconnects the electric motor gearbox for racing and cruising without electric power.
• These are all winch kits and include: winch, control box (solenoid), circuit breaker, and two waterproof switches (1st gear/2nd gear)
• All winches listed can handle line from 5/16" - 9/16", and have 2 speeds in electric as well as manual modes
• Manual Radial winches can easily be upgraded to power - they have identical hole patterns and don’t require an adapter plate.
• Optional Load Controller is available by special order - automatically limits winch tension to protect deck hardware and sails
• Table: Line Entry is height above deck; Depth is extension below deck level