Harken Performa™ self-tailing winches are for racers and performance cruisers who use high-tech line who don’t want to invest in a carbon winch, or who need racing winches in smaller sizes. The Performa design combines the ribbed drum efficiency of Harken's Radial® winches with the sandblasted grip of its Carbon Fiber Racing winches for a powerful hybrid.
Performa's combination sandblasted drum with diagonal ribs design is engineered for increased grip on the smaller diameter of modern high-tech racing line. The spring-loaded upper jaw adjusts under line pressure to accept a variety of line sizes; teeth grip evenly with, or without, load.
Self-tailing winches transfer high loads to the winch with fewer wraps, and allow a single crew member to trim and ease sails quickly.
• Composite roller and thrust bearings reduce friction under load
• Excellent corrosion resistance, lubrication is not required
• Drums with integrated skirt available in aluminum
• Load-carrying gears, pins, and pawls are 17-4 PH stainless steel
• Snap-fit design keeps bearings captive in a high-strength, Delrin® cage