Harken Performa™ Plain-Top winches are for racers and perfomance cruisers who use high-tech line and don’t wish to invest in a carbon winch, or who need racing winches in smaller sizes.
The combination sandblasted drum with diagonal ribs is engineered for gripping smaller diameter high-tech racing lines.
These winches are ideal for racing and performance cruising boats in the 30 to 55 ft range where sails require frequent trimming.
Plain-top winches are best handled by two crew - one to trim and one to tail the line.
• Weight saving aluminum drum
• Composite roller and thrust bearings reduce friction under load
• Excellent corrosion resistance; lubrication is not required
• Drums with integrated skirt available in aluminum
• Load-carrying gears, pins, and pawls are 17-4 PH stainless steel
• Snap-fit design keeps bearings captive in a high-strength, Delrin™ cage