AIS provides an easy means for vessels to electronically exchange ship’s data for vessel tracking and aids in collision avoidance. Information that is exchanged includes: identification, position, course, and speed, with other nearby vessels and VTS stations. ICOM’s MXA-5000 receiver takes this real time information and displays it on a computer, radar or a chart plotter for easy navigation and collision avoidance at a glance. Features Dualwatch operation - two independent receivers can simultaneously receive both Ch. 87B (161.975MHz) and Ch. 88B (162.025MHz) for increased flexibility in receiving information from single frequency AIS transponders.
• NOTE: As a receiver only model, these units can receive AIS data from other vessels, but they won't be able to see you
• Receives both Class A and Class B AIS data
• RS-422 (nav instruments) and RS-232C (computer) connections (PC use requires owner supplied AIS plotter software)
• Compact size and light weight body
• Built-in antenna splitter to share your existing VHF antenna for your VHF radio