The "Extra" in Micron Extra refers to the addition of the effective slime and weed fighting biocide Irgarol to its formula.
A multi-season copolymer antifouling paint, Micron Extra also contains cuprous oxide (38.6%) to control shell fouling such as barnacles and zebra mussels.
Like all ablative antifouling paints, Micron Extra works best on boats that move. Like a bar of soap, ablative paints depend on moving water to erode the surface, exposing fresh biocide.
Interlux's copolymer resin binder technology, however, causes Micron Extra to wear away at a more controlled rate than other ablatives. This consistently produces the target biocide level at the surface of the paint over a longer period - allowing the paint to use lower amounts of (expensive) copper than old fashioned, hard, high-copper paints without sacrificing any effectiveness.
The erosion process also polishes the surface and reduces paint build-up over time - reducing friction and improving fuel efficiency.
• Excellent suitability for high fouling areas
• Sophisticated Micron family synthetic resin binders control the release of biocides so they last the lifetime of the paint
• Dual biocides cuprous oxide and Biolux (Irgarol) control barnacles and slime
• Multi-season, self polishing, no build-up
• Suitable for use on all boats in all waters and can be hauled and re-launch without repainting
• For use on fiberglass, wood and primed underwater metals (except aluminum)
• Suitable for use on high-speed boats
• Apply by brush, 3/8" nap solvent resistant roller, or spray
• Thinner for brush: 433 Brush-Ease; spray: Special Thinner 216
• Theoretical coverage is 440 ft²/gallon; at least 2 - 3 coats recommended, 3 on bare wood; 61% solids (vol.)