Trilux 33 is specially formulated to be the safest and most effective antifouling for use on aluminum boats, outdrives and outboards. It can also be applied to other underwater metals, fiberglass, and wood.
It offers highly effective antifouling protection from a combination of two agents: aluminum-safe copper I thiocyanate, and an improved version of Biolux® (3.4% zinc pyrithione) anti-slime technology.
• Special formulation provides effective antifouling in a convenient aerosol
• Suitable for moderate fouling areas in fresh, salt, or brackish waters
• Hardened ablative suitable for use on high-speed, active boats
• Clean, bright colors
• Metal surfaces must be properly primed; use Interlux Interprotect epoxy barrier coat, or anti-corrosive Primocon metal primer
• Coverage: 22 sq ft per spray can; use 1 entire can per lower unit --- will provide 2 coats; 13.5% solids (vol.)
• Size: 12 fl oz
Heavy on the technical side...
While not as powerful as cuprous oxide, the cuprous thiocyanate biocide in Trilux is a copper compound that works in the same manner as cuprous oxide, by discouraging the attachment of the larval forms of shell fouling.
The copper content of cuprous thiocyanate is considerably less than in cuprous oxide which enables it to be used in antifouling paints for
Cuprous thiocyanate is a white powder which means it is possible to make antifouling paints with bright, crisp colors, including white.
Boosting biocides are commonly used with cuprous thiocyanate in order to boost performance.
Trilux 33 Aerosol can be used as an antifouling on outdrives and outboards below the waterline after cleaning with Special Thinner 216, sanding with 80 grit sandpaper, priming with 2 - 3 coats of Primacon Primer, and then applying several coats of Trilux 33 Aerosol.
Refer to the Trilux 33 Technical Data Sheet for complete details and instructions.