Watertite® is a 2-part, easy to use epoxy compound for filling holes and repairing scratches in gelcoat and fiberglass above or below the waterline. It has a two-phase cure giving a long easy-to-sand window, and can be applied to a thickness of 3/4" without sagging. Its superior spreadability makes it an ideal compound for filling small nicks and scratches.
Watertite Epoxy Filler is especially recommended for use to fill gelcoat blisters below the waterline. In this application, it should be applied between two coats of Interprotect 2000E/2001E.
• For use above or below the water line
• Use on fiberglass, properly primed metals, epoxy and rigid wood constructions
• Extremely water resistant - suitable for osmosis damage repairs
• Fill up to 3/4" without sagging
• Use above and below the waterline
• High strength and adhesion properties
• Simple 1:1 mixing ratio for easy measurement of components
• Very fast drying
• Does not shrink
• Super smooth
• Matte finish
• Apply with trowel, spatula or putty knife
• Do not thin
• Theoretical coverage is 25 ft²/gal (100% soldis (by volume)
• Typical shelf life if 2 years
Heavy on the technical side...
At 59°F — pot life is 20 min, dries to touch in 40 min, sandable in 6 hours, launch in 3 days
At 73°F — pot life is 15 min, dries to touch in 35 min, sandable in 5 hours, launch in 2 days
In underwater applications, apply Watertite over a layer of epoxy.
Watertite must be overcoated with an appropriate underwater primer such as Interlux Interprotect 2000E/2001E. Do not apply topside finishes, polyester or vinylester materials directly over Watertite.
Above the waterline, Watertite should be overcoated with a primer appropriate for the topcoat you will be applying.