This traditional rod style mooring buoy incorporates a non-load bearing rod with an eye at each end.
The mooring chain attaches to the high-strength bottom eye, and your mooring pennants should attach directly to the chain - or to the moused shackle used to connect the chain to the bottom eye.
The eye at the top of the buoy is only meant for lifting the buoy to gain access to the chain.
• High density foam body assures lasting durability
• Exterior coating resists weathering, most chemicals, and fuels
• Core is 3 lb/ft³ high density polyurethane foam
• The internal Z-shaped rods are permanently bonded inside buoy, preventing wear and eventual loss of flotation; they are not replaceable
• All rods are hot-dipped galvanized medium carbon steel
• Rubber bumpers around the buoy circumference give added protection in boat contact