Lewmar’s C Series Capstans provide almost effortless rope control at the press of a footswitch. Powerful and versatile electric winches stripped down to their essence, capstans are the unsung heros of day-to-day rope pulling chores on both recreational and commercial vessels.
While historically, capstans were used for raising anchors and warping - these days, they are typically used to tension mooring lines on large vessels where displacement and line weight make mooring maneuvers difficult. Capstans can provide heavy duty capabilities for anchor or trap pulling on smaller boats, for rope handling on larger vessels when mooring and docking, or for pulling sheets, halyards, or for controlling tow ropes. When mounted on the stern of a yacht, they can also provide power for Mediterranean-style stern mooring. Unlike windlasses, they have no chain gypsy.
• Useful for anchor rode retrieval or as a snubbing winch when docking
• Beautifully crafted polished stainless steel
• Unique wear and abrasion resistant drum pattern reduces rope wear by 30%, yet provides excellent rope grip
• Stainless steel components provide strength, corrosion resistance, and durability
• Quick and easy installation by only one person from above deck
• Can be mounted horizontally
• C-3 capstans are suitable for vessels from approximately 30 to 60 or 65 ft, depending on the function performed