Have the best of two worlds — steering control when you need it, and comfort when you don't. Conventional wheels significantly restrict your cockpit space, but the Lewmar Folding Wheel opens up that space - allowing unimpeded passage past the wheel. Ideal for a wide range of yachts, including those with twin-wheeled layouts. Perfect for weekends on the hook.
The Folding Wheel has a two-turn, buttress-threaded, split-spoke design, and a unique hinging system with fast-action handgrip release. This allows you to easily fold and unfold the wheel, using a simple twist of the composite handgrip.
A safe and secure locking system ensures the boater of a reliable steering wheel when it is needed.
At a fraction of the cost of custom versions, the Folding Wheel is appealing to both production boat builders and owners looking to improve their deck layouts.
• Unique, fast-action, handgrip release folding system
• Fitted brown leather cover comes standard
• Easy installation
• Single hub version fits industry standard 25mm/1" tapered, keyed wheel shafts. Tapered shaft ensures positive fit, but easy removal when necessary
• Dual hub versions includes a second, alternate, easily installed hub which fits 25mm/1" straight (parallel) whell shafts
• Larger wheels (1.6m and above) can be supplied with a 30mm/1-3/16" taper; inquire at 800-426-6930 for a quote