Internallly, loads are supported by smooth-running, rigid cage, permanently lubricated, stainless steel roller bearings that will not seize up under high loads. Size 50 and smaller winches all use the same pawls, so you don't need to carry a wide variety of spares.
• Pawls are captive and will not pop out when the drum is removed for servicing
• Size 6 and size 7 winches have a plastic one-piece center stem/base with an aluminum alloy drive socket and upper gear
• Size 7 and size 8 winches are identical, except that size 8 winches have a bronze one-piece center stem/base
• All bronze (except as noted above), one piece, center stem/base combination provides exceptional strength while simplifying servicing
• High tensile bronze gears, on multi-speed winches, deliver smooth power with minimal loss
• Stainless steel main gear shafts
• Drum utilizes a unique and effective needle peen grip pattern