Lewmar Self-Tailing Winches provide the ultimate self-tailing design - gentle on the line, yet providing a firm grip. The "Wavespring" floating jaws adapt to a wide range of line diameters automatically. The specially designed low friction feeder arm smoothly transfers the line to the self-tailing jaws.
Internallly, loads are supported by smooth running, rigid cage, permanently lubricated, stainless steel roller bearings that will not seize up under high loads.
Size 50 and smaller winches all use the same pawls, so you don't need to carry a wide variety of spares.
• Can be hand stripped for servicing with no tools required
• No need to remove the winch in order to take it apart
• Pawls are captive and will not pop out when the drum is removed for servicing
• All bronze, one-piece, center stem/base combination provides exceptional strength while simplifying servicing
• High tensile bronze gears, on multi-speed winches, deliver smooth power with minimal friction
• Stainless steel main gear shafts
• CONV models can be converted to electric power, as an owner option